M. Radha, a woman in her 40s, was shot dead in the lawyers’ block of the Saket courthouse on Friday morning and is in a stable condition.
Posted Date – Fri, 04/21/23 at 01:54pm

New Delhi: The suspended lawyer who shot a woman at Saket Court premises in Delhi has filed an FIR against her and lawyer Rajendra Jha for defrauding and grossly defrauding him of Rs 2.5 lakh.
M. Radha, a woman in her 40s, was shot dead in the lawyers’ block of the Saket courthouse on Friday morning and is in a stable condition.
The accused, identified as Kameshwar Kumar Singh, filed a FIR against the victim and Jha in November last year and proceeded under Sections 406 (Punishment for Criminal Breach of Trust), 420 (Deceit), 120 B (Criminal Conspiracy) and 34 register. (Common Intent) Indian Penal Code at Saket Police Station, South Delhi.
According to the FIR accessed by IANS, Jha and Radha hatched a criminal conspiracy to “defraud, defraud, embezzle public funds on a wide scale” against the general public.
“Jha showed me a very good money investment scheme where the money was paid out at a very high interest rate, i.e. 20-40% per month. He and Radha colluded and seduced many people and defrauded them on a massive scale,” according to FIR.
“Jha and Radha paid me only Rs 300,000 through the RTGS facility and have not paid me since. They have seriously violated the terms and conditions of my investment,” the FIR read.
“These two men concocted a plot against me and seriously defrauded me of Rs. 2.5 lakh with interest of 20% per month,” the FIR added.
A hearing in the matter was held in Saket Court today, according to police.
Singh, who was disbarred by the bar, entered the courtroom wearing a lawyer’s attire and carrying a gun.
He shot Rada in front of the lawyers’ block at around 10:30 a.m.
A video has also been circulating on social media in which Singer can be seen running up behind the woman and shooting her. The woman was screaming and several people, including a lawyer, could be seen standing nearby.
“She was shot in two places in the abdomen and one in the hand, and she was taken to Max Saket Hospital. She is in a stable condition,” said Police Deputy Commissioner (South) Chandan Chowdhary.
According to eyewitnesses, a total of 4-5 bullets were fired and the accused fled through the back door of the court canteen.
“A police team has been formed to apprehend the accused and further investigations are ongoing,” the DCP said.
