Close Menu
  • Telugu today
  • తాజా వార్తలు
  • వార్తలు
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Gamble Caribbean Hold’em Casino poker on the internet pokie
  • Better No deposit Local casino Bonuses 2024 » 100 percent free Bucks & Free Spins
  • The Increase of Student-Driven Encyclopedias: Changing Understanding Landscapes
  • Finest Cellular Casinos: Greatest Us Cellular Gambling enterprise Applications and Advertisements within the 2025
  • Best Mobile Web based poker Software the real deal Cash on apple’s ios & Android os within the 2025
  • Greatest ten Online gambling Programs for real Cash in 2025
  • Casino utan svensk licens 2025 – Topp 10 casino utan Spelpaus
  • Bet with Sahabet 💰 Bonus up to 10000 Rupees 💰 Play Online Casino Games
Telangana Press
  • Telugu today
  • తాజా వార్తలు
  • వార్తలు
Telangana Press
Telugu today

Decision to scrap 4% Muslim quota won’t be implemented until next week: Karnataka govt to SC

TelanganapressBy TelanganapressApril 18, 2023No Comments

Karnataka government assured Supreme Court on Tuesday that it will not enforce its decision for another week

Posted Date – Tue, 18 Apr 23 at 09:22pm

Decision to scrap 4% Muslim quota won't be implemented until next week: Karnataka govt to SC

New Delhi: The Karnataka state government on Tuesday assured the Supreme Court that it will not implement its decision to abolish the 4 percent employment and education quota for Muslims in the OBC category within the next week.

Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, representing the government of Karnataka, argued before Justices KM Joseph and Justices BV Nagarathna that the state government needs more time to file an affidavit on the matter. Last week, the state government had been buying time until Monday to submit a response. After hearing Mehta’s opinion, the Supreme Court postponed the hearing until April 25.

The state government had assured on April 13 that it would not continue to accept admissions or placements in any educational institution in accordance with the March 27 order.

The Supreme Court made some strong comments on the way the state government removed the 4% OBC quota for Muslims and placed them in the Economically Weakened Class (EWS) category, saying the basis of the decision-making process was “highly unstable and flawed”.

The Supreme Court told the Solicitor-General representing the government of Karnataka: “On the face of it, we tell you that the first thing you pass is an order…seems to indicate that the basis of the decision-making process is very shaky and flawed…it It was an interim report and the country could have waited for a final report on one side. What’s the big deal?”

Mehta proposed that the court should allow the state to answer on the matter, that the pleas would begin in May, and that if the matter goes to trial next week on Monday or Tuesday, nothing will happen.

“Allow me to submit a response, these are raw procedures. There is no empirical data as a religion…they (Muslims) are included based on religion. It’s not something special. Can’t wait until April 17th?

Senior advocates Kapil Sibal, Dushyant Dave, Prof. Ravivarma Kumar and Gopal Sankaranarayanan appeared on behalf of petitioner L. Ghulam Rasool and others. Dave argued that maintaining the government order meant that Muslims would continue to receive the benefit of the 4% reservation, “otherwise, they would lose education and employment opportunities…why should we fail?” The notice itself is illegal and unconstitutional. “

Sibal said that since the early 1990s, they fell behind, and now they put them in the general category, and 23 years later, Muslims are in the general category without research. This, he said, was a direct violation of Article 14, as was the entire notification, which canceled the reservation.

“It’s like I’m poor so I’ll be in the general category,” he added.

Dave reiterated that there is no research to support the removal of Muslim quotas.

After hearing detailed arguments, the judge said the decision was ostensibly based on faulty assumptions and was invalid because it was based on the committee’s interim report. Petitioners have taken the Supreme Court challenging the Karnataka government’s decision to abolish quotas for Muslims.

Source link

Telanganapress
  • Website

Related Posts

KCR’s speech gets roaring response from people-Telangana Today

April 16, 2024

More of the same-Telangana Today

April 16, 2024

Property tax cheques bounce, GHMC takes action-Telangana Today

April 16, 2024
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Categories
  • 1
  • AI News
  • News
  • Telugu today
  • Uncategorized
  • తాజా వార్తలు
  • వార్తలు
కాపీరైట్ © 2024 Telanganapress.com సర్వ హక్కులు ప్రత్యేకించబడినవి.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Disclaimer
  • Terms & Conditions
  • About us
  • Contact us

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.