Order issued by Ministry of Defense (MoD) to reopen SCB roads only partially complied with, says FNECS
Posted Date – Tue, 02 May 23 at 9:55pm

file photo.
Hyderabad: In a letter to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Secunderabad Camp Board (SCB), the Federation of North East Colonies of Secunderabad (FNECS) has requested the removal of barricades on three roads. Orders issued by the Ministry of Defense (MoD) to reopen SCB roads were only partially complied with, they said.
They mentioned that the wall at Lakdawala Junction, where Richardson Road meets Rajiv Rahadari, has been demolished. However, the road passes through the wall of Rajendrasinhji Road and the wooden gate where it meets Gen Krishna Rao Marg has not been demolished.
In the letter, they also mentioned that only half of the wall blocking Ammuguda Road was removed, and the gate of Byam Road was also partially removed.
Federation members also said public transport such as cars and TSRTC buses were not allowed on the roads, and civilian pedestrians and cyclists were also restricted.
The reopened intersections are guarded by army sentries who are conducting identity checks on all civilians, noting that the Defense Department order did not specify any such checks. They asked the chief executive to include the condition of those roads in compliance reports and lift the blockade.
The Ministry of Defense ordered the reopening of five roads, Protenee Road, Byam Road, Richardson Road, Ammuguda Road and Albain Road, which had been closed for many years in April.
